Thursday, February 14, 2008
Where's my arrow?
Happy mothereffing Valentine's Day. My night was horrible and I'll give you three guesses as to who ruined it. If you guessed Mr. Asshole, you're right. The girls and I spent all of yesterday trying to find him a present for Valentine's Day. I gushed out 100 dollars of my own money to buy him a watch, an engraved set of dogtags from the girls, a box of candy, and a gushy card. I put it on the table for him this morning so that he would see it before he went to work and when I woke up this morning, it wasn't even opened. Nothing. He didn't even read the card. What the hell? Talk about ungrateful. So, I put his gift in the pantry and even though its been there all day, he hasn't even asked about it. Jerk.

So he came home from work with a used Dyson that he bought from a pawn shop. It was such a great deal! He wanted me to start it up to see if it worked and as soon as did, my kitchen started to smell like cigarette smoke and dogs. Eww. So I told him, "I think we need to get a new filter," and he says, "Just take the old one out and clean it." Uh, yeah, the new filter is 16 dollars at Best Buy. So anywho, I emptied the canister into the trash and accidently inhaled that nasty ass junk that was inside it. Whatever the hell was in their nasty ass carpet is now floating around in my respritory system and my throat hurts now because of it. When is he going to learn? We got used air purifiers and all got stomach viruses and now a sore throat from the vacuum. Idiot.

So while I'm coughing and gagging from all the dust, he tells me to get myself and the girls ready so that we can go out to eat. He leaves me with the girls and even though it would have been quicker if he helped me, he decided that he was going to spend his time watching ESPN and eating cheese and crackers. An hour and a half later, everyone is all dressed and ready to go and Asshole is sleeping on the couch. I wake him up, he put-puts around the house for a while, Fatima and Milana are already loaded up inside the truck, I'm putting Daeja's shoes on, and he sits on the couch to go back to sleep. Finally, we load up and are on our way. We don't even get to the intersection of 231 and East Avenue before I turned the car around and dropped his ass back home. He was being so grouchy and I wasn't having that, especially with everyone being in such a good mood. His excuse was that he was sick and tired from working all day. Okay, yeah, you're sick but you've been sick for two weeks now. Take your ass to the doctor to have it fixed or shut the hell up about it. And yeah, you work crazy hours but you've been at the plant for almost two years now. You should already be used to your work schedule. Funny, he was too sick and tired to eat dinner with his family but yet he managed to find enough energy to workout at the gym. Asshole. You know, it was his idea to go out and eat. You don't tell everyone to get dolled up and glamourous, wait until we're all walking out the door, and then decide that you don't want to go. That's just being rude and inconsiderate.

And as for his gift, I'm bringing the watch back tomorrow and buying the girls and I something nice with the money. His dogtags can't be returned because they were engraved so I'm just going to take off the tag that says, "love Daeja and Milana" and donate the rest of the necklace to goodwill. Maybe someone else will be more appreciative to receive it.
posted by Faith at 10:54 PM -
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Faith
Home: Redneck Riviera, Florida, United States
About Me: Blessed. Home runner, baby maker, animal rescuer, and vegetable lover.
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Take a Peek


Brushes by Gvalkyrie
animals


mp3 codes & downloads @ musicdumper.com


Don't Forget to Hug Your Sweetie This Valentine's Day